Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We are a Certified B Corporation® as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, QED Investors, and Flourish Ventures.
Summer is seeking a Partnerships Associate to build and maintain relationships with our range of partners including employers, unions, state governments and financial institutions. Your primary focus will be to support our partners’ success and maximize our borrowers’ savings and access to financial health. You will also have the opportunity to develop marketing content, collect and analyze data, and collaborate cross-functionally to improve Summer’s product.
As a Partnerships Associate, you will:
- Maintain relationships with Summer’s partners on a regular basis, ensuring work is organized and in line with company goals and partner timelines
- Organize and improve our internal processes from onboarding to execution to better scale our team
- Manage 10-20 partner accounts, providing them with reporting, managing internal stakeholder relationships and shepherding successful renewals in partnership with the Business Development Team
- Directly communicate with users via email, and lead user experience interviews to measure success of Summer’s product for our partnerships
- Collaborate with our Marketing, Operations and Data Teams to analyze and identify opportunities for strengthening user growth
- Play a leading and supporting role in ad hoc Partnerships projects
- 2-4 years of partnerships, account management, business development, or other client-facing experience
- Experience managing competing priorities for internal and external stakeholders
- General understanding of sourcing, pitching and closing mutually-valuable client opportunities
- A strong passion for helping Summer’s partners and borrowers reach their financial health goals
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day: empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, 401(k) plans with an employer match, contribution toward student loan repayment, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!
Read Full Job Description