Presales Engineer, NYC
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As our PreSales Engineer, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle, as well as helping to ensure customer satisfaction. You will be an essential part of the sales organization at Collibra, and will be a key player in the development of the presales organization.A day in the life of a Presales Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting into one of the PreSales Managers, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Engaging early and throughout the sales process to meet with potential customers, gather their requirements, identify use cases, create sales strategies and present business solutions with Collibra’s platform.
- Possessing a solution mindset or consulting background will help greatly. Dynamic customer-focused experiences will help you engage most with potential customers.
- Conducting sales presentations and demos, both on-site and remotely to various stakeholders including C-Suite.
- Developing sales proposals
- Providing technical sales support
- Preparing and presenting product demonstrations
- Identifying, evaluating, and scoping proof of concept opportunities
- Responding to technical sections of RFPs/ RFQs
- Communicating with product management and sales enablement on issues identified from field observations and customer feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years’ experience working as a PreSales Engineer, must be enterprise software
- 3+ years’ experience in data management, analytics, visualization or BI
- A strong technical background working various technologies such as; Mulesoft, data modeling tools, API’s, BPMN engines.
- A certification in either Google GCP, MSFT Azure or Amazon AWS or relevant experience a plus.
- An understanding of the challenges faced by vertical markets including high tech, financial services, healthcare, government, and retail.
- Proven track record of demonstrating software tool solutions and executing successful proof of concept plans to enterprise prospects.
- A world-class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience
- A Customer champion. Customer-focused at all times and personally hold yourself accountable for the customer’s success.
- A growth driver. Someone with a growth mindset who sees challenges as learning opportunities.
- Independent, able to work remotely with little supervision.
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- For this specific position, US authorization is required.
- A friendly and rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings and conferences
- Flexible hours = Quality > Quantity
- A MacBook Pro for work and play
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package