Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
ADRs will play a multi-faceted role that will be integral to the success of OwnBackup’s go-to-market strategy. ADRs are at the crux of sales and marketing, and responsible for one of the most important steps in the sales process: building pipeline. The Public Sector (PS) ADR role is perfect for someone with 1 year of business development experience in the Public Sector, or still early in their sales career who is hungry, ambitious, intelligent, and high energy.
ADRs will receive sales training, technical product training, and will have the opportunity to work closely with the PS director, PS Account Executive, and ENT manager.Your Day-to-Day Role
- 75+ activities per day to key contacts at strategic Public Sector (PS) accounts (State and Local government, Federal/Civilian, or DoD) with objective of booking meetings for PS Account Executives
- Achieve or exceed monthly individual and team goals
- Work closely and collaboratively with Enterprise Account Executives to target key contacts at strategic accounts
- Qualify leads by understanding their SaaS application stack, and backup requirements
- Understand specific product applications, recognize prospect pain points, and how OwnBackup can solve them
- Perform thorough and accurate account research and stakeholder mapping to uncover key thought leaders and corporate initiatives
- Diligently log all activity in Salesforce/Salesloft
- You have the ability to conceptually understand the OwnBackup solution and explain it on a high level to senior-level executives
- Experience selling into Public Sector (State and Local government, DoD, or Federal/Civilian) a plus
- Proven track record of success prospecting for new business through various outbound methods (Hunter)
- This key role is strategic in nature - it's not about jumping online and contacting everyone you come across. Rather, it's about considered, focused interactions that are unearthed through a high volume of personalized outbound activity (emails, cold calls, social touches).
- You have energy, thirst to learn, ambition and passion, and want to be part of a growing and successful Enterprise-level team
- You have demonstrated the ability to work independently, and hold yourself accountable for results
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Experience using Salesforce
- 1-2 years of phone sales/call center experience
- A passion for technology
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.