Real Estate Agent at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The Real Estate Team at Better is simplifying the home buying journey for customers by providing them with the ability to partner with top performing agents, and providing them mentorship throughout their home buying journey and simplifying their experience
We are a new team within Better, and are looking for entrepreneurs with strong operational capabilities, business acumen and a “get stuff done” mentality. As part of a newly launched brokerage, you will be an important member of our external team of Licensed Real Estate Agents.
Your role will involve working with our potential buyers to provide the framework for Better’s customer-centric approach throughout the home buying process. You will be building strong relationships with our clients and cross-selling across our expanded suite of services. This position allows you the opportunity to build on your communication and relationship building skills while working directly with our customers and cross functionally within the different departments of the BRE team!Responsibilities will include:
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you with diligent follow-up
- Navigate buyer tours and educate them on the purchasing process
- Generate comparable sales data to formulate and negotiate offers
- Build a superb end-to-end experience while guiding them through their real estate transaction
- Experience working with heavy transaction volume or the lead on a high performing team
- Must be a licensed real estate agent, Broker license preferred
- Must be in good standing with the local Realtor board, or possess the ability to immediately move your license
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program
- Flexible schedule required, including nights and weekend availability
- Valid driver's license preferred
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work!
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.