Real Estate Associate at Candid™
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:51 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, May 16, 2019
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We are looking for a Real Estate Associate to support our retail expansion strategy and help grow our presence throughout the country. We’re building a best-in-class consumer/healthcare brand and are looking for a real estate associate who can help us expand our presence nationwide. You will support our expansion team by scouting locations, researching markets, negotiating LOIs, identifying creative market entry strategies and managing our nationwide broker network. The role will report directly to our Studio Expansion Lead in our NYC HQ.
What You'll Do
- Perform market research, market sizing, competitor research, as well as pro forma analysis for new locations
- Create, manage and maintain a real estate pipeline to establish an inventory of the best locations in all target markets
- Help with LOI drafting and negotiation
- Implement creative real estate strategies for market entry
- Collaborate with different teams to ensure agreement throughout the new store development process, including budgets, opening timing, etc.
- Assist with site selection and trade area mapping
- Manage nationwide broker network
- Manage national deal development tracker to ensure development department accuracy
- Create deal packages for approval by real estate, design, construction, finance and strategy
- Liaison between facilities, operations and landlords to work out site specific issues as they arise
- Help with national and market by market real estate strategy
- Travel to markets to support Real Estate department - about 25% of the time
What You'll Need
- 1-2+ years as a deal maker as either a Real Estate Analyst/Junior Real Estate Manager, or Retail Commercial Real Estate Broker in the retail/hospitality environment
- Experience in navigating the landlord/tenant relationship
- Knowledge of basic real estate, construction and space planning knowledge
- Experience or exposure to negotiating and documenting real estate contracts
- Ability to travel for about 25% of working time
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description