Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Regional Director, Partnerships who is great at strategic roadmapping, partnerships, market expansion, data driven, customer advocacy and team building to join our Growth Team. This role will own and execute on our regional market expansion/entry opportunities, with a focus on partnerships and business development.You will be based out of Asia and report to our VP of Growth
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Strategic: You will design, own and execute our strategic roadmap for partnerships and market expansion/entry opportunities in [Africa/Asia/South and Central America, including identifying, growing, and closing on key partnerships and sales for Paxful
- Team Builder: You will grow, manage and develop our nascent team of junior sales, business development and account management executives into a world-class partnerships-focused team
- Proactive Relationship Builder: You will source and develop strong external relationships with potential business development partners, vendors, corporations, non-profits, academic and government institutions to advance our business, brand, and reputation
- Data-driven Critical Thinker: You will generate smart sales strategies, improve our partnerships management operations, design thoughtful metrics and processes to objectively measure progress and platform growth
- Customer Advocate: You and your team will be the loudest advocate for our local user base and their pain points, and act as our eyes and ears on the ground with the goal of growing our user base and keeping our global teams and efforts aligned with local needs, customs and nuances
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- Well-traveled, with an intimate understanding of the people, culture, systems, corporations and pain points of the various countries that make up the region they will cover
- Knowledgeable about where the current financial system hasn't worked well for the local population and which areas have the highest potential for a cryptocurrency marketplace to disrupt the current status quo
- Experienced negotiator who can craft creative deal terms in addition to being knowledgeable of industry standards
- Extremely comfortable presenting and leading demos of our product and services to potential partners, discussing market trends and the crypto industry
- Enjoys high levels of autonomy, self motivated and organized, data-driven and results-focused
- Experience with matrixed organizations and can work well cross-functionally even in a remote capacity
- Experience with CRM software like Hubspot, Salesforce or others
- 10+ years’ experience in Business Development, Sales or Partnerships roles, with prior team leadership experience
- Experience in Fintech, Crypto, startups a plus.
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.