Regional Manager (Sales)
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Resy is growing quickly and we’re looking for a results-oriented Regional Sales Manager to continue growing Resy in the outer boroughs of NYC. The ideal candidate is a hunter who is motivated by surpassing ambitious sales goals. Your primary focus will be to work with our Sales leaders to hone our current strategy and bring on additional restaurant partners at a fast rate.
Note: While this is a full-time position, your first three months will be considered a trial period. Your first week at Resy will consist of week-long, intensive trainings. During the first month, you will receive clear goals for your first 30, 60, and 90 days. You will have weekly check-ins with the Director of Outside Sales to keep track of your progress and success. At 90 days, you will be reviewed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Full-cycle sale from prospecting and lead generation, to demo, to close
- Develop go-to-market strategy specific to the outer boroughs of NYC
- Use existing industry relationships to secure top level meetings at the best restaurants in the outer boroughs of NYC
- Where relationships don’t exist, use other prospecting strategies like walk-ins or referrals to secure top level meetings at the best restaurants in the outer boroughs of NYC
- Stay up to date on new restaurant openings, securing a demo for each one
- Aim to hit monthly targets for new customers and revenue
WHO YOU ARE:
- Highly motivated with a proven track record in sales -- you are competitive, sales hungry, and committed to winning over new clients
- You are driven by challenges - you see the word “no” as an opportunity versus a hurdle
- You have a go-getter attitude and can work autonomously in order to execute aggressive sales strategies
- Passionate for restaurants and the hospitality industry
- Established, high level restaurant relationships with the top restaurants in the greater NYC area
- 3+ years working in restaurants or as a partner/vendor to restaurants
- Able to to leverage your existing network and industry relationships to create new leads
- Have a willingness and desire to travel, if necessary
- Have stellar communication skills, both written and verbal
BIG PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience selling tech products or other reservation systems into restaurants
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401(k), Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.