Relationship Manager, Haven Direct-to-Consumer at Haven Life
Haven Life Insurance Agency is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple. It is composed of 250+ New York City-based engineers, marketers, designers, data geeks, and insurance nerds.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique. Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are looking for a Relationship Manager to build & preserve trusting relationships with our partners. We’ll rely on you to find ways to outperform our competition and maintain our company’s positive image. To succeed in this role, you should be an excellent communicator, able to work with sales and marketing teams and build rapport with customers. We also expect you to be a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills. Ultimately, you’ll maintain strong relationships with our partnerships to boost our brand, sales and profits in the long-run.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Actively involved in continuing to grow our footprint and assist the Business Development needs
- Partner in growing key partnership accounts
- Balance client/project responsibilities with business development and sales responsibilities including identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities
- Overseeing high quality delivery while developing strategies and tactics for further penetrating the account and cross selling emerging products
- Creates sales strategies and plan for the partners review and for its incorporation into the broader client strategy and plan
- Executes and manages the account plan under the guidance of a Business Development partner
- Invests time in strengthening existing client relationships
- Participates in reviews and provides educated and relevant perspectives
- Identifies opportunities, makes proactive proposals to clients in line with account strategy, and challenges the status quo for interfacing organizations/systems to adapt the framework to our unique environment.
- Support sales & distribution team through:
- Identifying, communicating, and managing partnership needs
- Removing impediments preventing project progress
- Mediating through conflicts
- Helping to facilitate quick decision making
- Help prioritize workload and determine trade-offs of scope/budget/calendar
- Negotiate trade-offs between multiple competing priorities
- Help team define key project metrics and develop tools to track and report metrics.
- Create a community of information sharing on what’s working and challenges within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of Experience: 3+ years of experience in relationship management
- Intuitive to customer/partner needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strategic thinking and ability to solve problems quickly
- Ability to work well with others
- Attentive to detail and organized
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to manager several jobs at one time
- Intellectually curious, pro-actively seeks to learn new things and drive improvements
- Help others succeed by modeling professional behavior, supporting a culture of collaboration and inclusion, while staying humble
- History of successfully getting things done, via execution and clear ownership of managing relationships
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- This position is based out of our Manhattan office or can be remote with the ability to report to our Manhattan office once a week
- Financial Services or Insurance Sales Experience preferred
- Interest in financial services a plus.
- Masters degree preferred
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization; analysis; driving alignment; planning resources; managing milestones and objectives, and Agile practices
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment and demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Influencing stakeholders who don’t have a direct reporting relationship
- Leading through ambiguity with the ability to get to clarity to provide team clear direction
- Ability to negotiate win-win outcomes
- Relevant experience in working for (or with) a consumer start-up preferred, not required.
We have a stellar team of coworkers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.