Tired of cold calling and building a book of business before applying your insurance subject matter expertise? Our Remote Sales Associate - Life Insurance role is on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: managing all inbound leads for prospective life insurance customers, and ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process) all while working remotely! Our sales team thrives on collaboration, creative competitions, and thoughtful communication with customers as we drive a positive, tech-enhanced experience in an industry typically known for being old-school and paper-based.
In this role, you will…
- Serve as the product expert on our life insurance partners
- Onboard inbound life insurance customers (no cold calling here!) into the application & underwriting process and address their questions while providing an outstanding customer experience
- Communicate professionally with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat, and text
- Practice consultative sales techniques to ensure that we are pairing customers with the most appropriate products for their unique needs
- Collaborate with other operations teams (case management, customer success, and client experience) to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Provide actionable feedback from customers to the business and tech teams to drive improvements to our process & technology
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members - we’re growing quickly!
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 2+ years of Life Insurance sales experience & an active Life Insurance license
- You're a product expert with experience selling life insurance products
- You have a demonstrated track record of successfully working remotely
- You are willing to travel to one of our offices when there is business need (NYC or Durham)
- You possess strong communication skills and enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone
- You have a customer-focused mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- You’re driven by honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- You desire to be a member of a team where you can take ownership of your work and your team's success
- You have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening shifts (2:00pm-11:00pm), weekends (between 10:00am-9:00pm), and/or four 10-hour shifts per week, still averaging around 40-50 hours per week, 4-5 days per week
- You have a deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & HSA options
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers and a welcoming, inclusive culture
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!