Restaurant Account Executive, Caviar
The Restaurant Account Executive is a dynamic opportunity to leverage your sales skills in order to expand the selection of restaurants that partner with Caviar, and grow the New York region. Who are we looking for? Someone who's a natural at building relationships and has a felt sense for the best eats in New York City. Someone who can enthusiastically talk about food and people, articulate why Caviar provides value for restaurants, and negotiate a favorable and fair share.
Your primary focus will be to launch new restaurants that fit our selective partnership criteria. Additionally, you will be ensuring that your newly-launched partners are driving maximum impact via optimized menus, website links, and launch marketing. This role will require both inside and outside sales, emailing, cold calling, and face-to-face meetings. If you think you're a great fit and ready to join a fast-paced, rapidly growing company at the forefront of on-demand food delivery, please get in touch.About the Team
The New York Caviar sales team consists of 4 local Account Executives (you can be the 5th!), reporting directly to the local Restaurant Sales Manager. The role is based in DoorDash’s NYC office, where your manager and each of your teammates are based out of as well. Account Executives at Caviar take full ownership over a geographical territory (i.e. North Brooklyn) and help develop and drive sales strategy, including building a pipeline of prospects, managing outreach, and negotiating service agreements. Our Account Executives also work cross-functionally, working with marketing, account management, operations, and product.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Identify and persuade the best restaurants in your territory of New York to join Caviar's platform
- Communicate with prospects persistently via email, phone, and face-to-face meetings
- Create partnerships by smoothly onboarding restaurants to help them achieve their goals
- Achieve and consistently exceed quarterly sales and support goals
- Maintain strong existing partnerships with our current restaurants
- Develop best practices that are the foundation of this growing team
- Act as an outward-facing ambassador of Caviar's beliefs, brand, and product
- Collaborate with other members of the Caviar team to define and execute restaurant marketing and optimization activities
- Help refine Caviar's local market strategy
- Support and inspire your local New York team
- A passion for Caviar, food, and the best restaurants in New York.
- Genuine curiosity about people and the restaurant business, good listening skills, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- 2+ years of experience in sales, account management, or a similar client-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, and follow through while paying close attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about working with a small team that wears many hats in order to grow
- Strong familiarity with professional software and relationship management tools, e.g. Google Docs, Salesforce, Salesloft, Docusign, etc.
- Coachability, interest in implementing feedback, and dedication to consistent improvement
- A BA/BS degree
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.