Sales Associate - Advanced Planning at Policygenius
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About Advanced Planning at Pg…
Remember the Mighty Ducks movies (one or two, we all forgot about three…)? Remember how they would take on insurmountable odds, but always used their teamwork to overcome their bigger, tougher opponents? That’s the Advanced Planning team at Policygenius.
Our Advanced Planning team takes on the challenge of protecting our client’s income and tailoring contracts to fit their needs. The Sales Associates and Case Managers work side by side to answer tough questions and give advice on how income protection fits together inside their financial plan. The team works as a unit to help our users find the best coverage available, while supporting them as they move through the underwriting process to place their new policy. This role sits in our broader operations department and reports to our Disability Insurance Sales Manager.
As a Sales Associate - Advanced Planning you would be part of a close-knit team that learns on the go and takes on any challenge that comes our way.
- Drive a ‘needs based’ disability insurance sales process and help our clients design the right policy fit their profile
- Coordinate with with our brokers and carriers to efficiently communicate our clients’ needs
- Conduct regular client follow-up and check-ins on outstanding applications, exams, financial documents, and phone interviews
- Adhere to team norms and policies, while meeting quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Functional knowledge of and 2+ years work experience in financial planning and disability insurance
- A service mindset and passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A positive attitude and desire to be apart of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self management and the ability to prioritize workflows
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Mastered the knuckle-puck shot
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)