Sales Associate (Entry) at Better.com
How is better.com Better?
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We funded over $692 million in home loans last month
- Over $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Financial Services
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn and we’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, California, Charlotte, and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
From the start of our customer’s homeownership journey, our sales team serves as the primary point of contact from the initial application and exploration stage until their loan is locked in. Our sales organization is a dynamic team of Customer Experience Associates (entry), Loan Consultant Associates (mid-level), and Loan Consultants (advanced). All roles are equally essential to the success of the organization.
As part of our fast-growing team, you’ll continually innovate and iterate on how to bring best-in-class sales strategies and service to our customers. You will serve as a liaison between Better and our customers to determine their needs, qualifications, and recommend the right loan products to help meet their homeownership goals. Our borrowers come to us through a variety of different marketing channels and you are responsible for engaging with and qualifying them through the first stages of their homeownership journey.
Your work will expose you to our full company, including our Product, Engineering, and Marketing orgs. You will have the opportunity to share customer insight, improve Better's core technology, and grow your own career within Better. We are happy to speak with you about whichever sales role is the best fit based on your experience!
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Getting on the phone and interacting with interested prospective customers.
- Working with our sales teams to build a pipeline of customers.
- Educating customers on what it takes to buy a home and partnering with them to make it happen.
- Taking a consultative approach in helping customers overcome issues and achieve their goals.
- Providing the best customer experience possible, which in turn will help you convert potential customers to Better customers.
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Enthusiastic about ensuring a great consumer experience
- Self-motivated, competitive against your own personal goals
- A go-getter, scrappy & creative thinker
- High degree of personal integrity and work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Desire to crush it