Sales Development Representative, Enterprise
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
Stack Overflow Enterprise is our commercial product offering which allows companies to host their own private Stack Overflow Q&A website. Companies receive all of the benefits of our public Stack Overflow Q&A engine with the added security and peace of mind of a privately hosted instance. This gives your technical staff instant access to their peers’ expert knowledge of your own proprietary systems and processes—in the same format they already use to get general coding help.
Sales Development Representatives are a critical part of our sales team, providing top of funnel sourcing of new prospects via outbound prospecting and development of inbound lead requests. The representatives are responsible for driving qualified opportunities from well situated leads and transitioning those opportunities to Sales Executives for further execution and closing. They are also responsible for maintaining relationships and contact with strong leads in order to transition them into qualified opportunities in the longer term.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect new contacts and accounts within a set region
- Connect with stakeholders at the appropriate buying level within these accounts
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow Enterprise product and business
- Work closely and in alignment with Enterprise Sales Executives to ensure smooth hand-off and a good prospect experience
- Craft strong messages and stories that connect clients to the Stack Overflow Enterprise solution
- Advocate for the Stack Overflow platform and our position within the global developer community
What you should have:
- Solid understanding and foundation in the software/tech industry and how large software teams work
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across teams and departments
- Focus, self-motivation and self-management skills
- A strong professional presence to high level executives
- Proven ability to achieve target numbers for contacts and opportunities
- Experience with data analysis and reporting using MS-Excel, Salesforce and BI Tools
- Some experience in sales or business development
- Passion about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share and build
- Desire to build a career in SaaS sales
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.