Sales Development at Tessian
Tessian grew by over 400% in 2018, and we aspire to do that again in the next 12 months. Our commercial team deals with every aspect of the client journey: making initial contact to start the conversation, closing deals, and making sure that every one of our clients has a fantastic experience and gets the maximum benefit from our platform.
Sales Development is the art and science of making something from nothing by reaching out to a prospect. Most of our clients started their journey with Tessian following outreach that sparked a conversation -- first this outreach was conducted by our founders, then our Business Development team and now by our purpose-built Sales Development teams in London and New York.
As a Sales Development Representative, you'll be running your own outbound selling process: prospecting, developing, and qualifying prospects to build pipeline for our future growth. You’ll be researching accounts and leads, sparking new relationships, and convincing new prospects to explore our product offering. You’ll spend the majority of your time connecting with prospects on the phone, via email and through social media. You'll be expected to consistently meet and exceed monthly targets, and we will help guide you to think strategically through the outreach process and share expert guidance and coaching to develop your commercial skills.
You will work closely with, and learn from, a team of people who have consistently scaled one of Europe's fastest growing startups, closing deals with the largest and most prestigious organisations in the world, while still in their 20s. We know that you can achieve great things early in your career, so we take a meritocratic approach to progression. Our expectation is that Associates will apply for Business Development Manager or Outbound Growth Manager roles at the 18 month stage of their career, with ultra-high achievers given the opportunity at 12, or even 6 months.
As a team of highly motivated and intelligent people, we have a strong belief that we require the brightest and most enthusiastic people to help us realise these goals. If you have a background of exceptional achievement in any field and can show that you are committed to succeeding in your career at a hyper growth technology start-up, we’d love to hear from you.
Do you already have experience in Sales Development / Outbound Growth? Then check out the experienced applicant variant of this role here.
Please note: we are unable to offer Visa sponsorship for this role
The application process:
- The Tessian team internally reviews CVs
- You’ll have a quick call with a member of the team
- You’ll complete a short written exercise
- We’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview (c. 60 minutes) and tour at our London office(If required)
- We’ll do quick follow-up calls with team members that were unable to make the face-to-face interview
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has the passion and determination to succeed in a commercial career
- Can demonstrate examples of a desire to succeed in fields they are passionate about
- Demonstrates diversity of thought and curiosity
- Has first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- Isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and reach out to new peopleIs results-oriented and committed to achieving goals
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleague, and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start up an entirely new subsidiary of a fast-growth, Sequoia-&-Accel-backed technology company
- Great startup culture
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid holiday leave a year (15 days of paid vacation plus 10 paid federal holiday days)
- Free healthcare, vision & dental insurance! We offer three tiers of plans, with the lowest tier of Aetna health insurance 100% paid for by Tessian (no employee contribution required), with a $0 in-network deductible and 0% co-pay on the majority of in-network treatments
- Company contributions are made towards your 401k
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- Free office snacks & coffee
- Monthly subsidy towards a discounted gym membership in NY
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Parents and carers are guaranteed one day per week of work-from-home, and we'll give you an extra day of annual leave to take your child to their first day of kindergarten and elementary school
- Generous enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- If you’re coming from far away, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the global company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move. Please note however that we are unable to sponsor US visas.
Tessian is a VC backed SaaS technology company. Our mission is to keep the world's most sensitive data and systems private and secure, so we're building the world's first Human Layer Security (HLS) platform.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technology to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
We’ve recently raised $42m in Series B funding led by Sequoia. Sequoia partner Matt Miller is joining the board. In 2018 our venture backed business grew 400% and our team expanded from 13 to 120 people; we have ambitious growth plans for the next year, spanning all areas including our product offerings and our sales & marketing divisions. We’re excited about where this next phase of our growth will take us - we hope you are too, so we encourage you to apply today to be part of the next leg of the Tessian journey.
We’re backed by world-leading venture capital funds, including Sequoia, Accel, & Balderton Capital, who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Improbable & Transferwise & we’ve been named on the prestigious Forbes 30 Under 30 list, crowned the “Best Security Startup” by WIRED magazine, and awarded “Best Innovation in Data Protection & Privacy” by CogX.
You can check out some photos of our team on our Instagram, or take a look at our company page. You can also find us on Glassdoor.
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM, our CFO is the Chair of the WISE Campaign's Young Professionals' Board, & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button below to be taken to the application form which will collect all the necessary information.
Want to make your application stand out? We value well thought-out, Tessian-specific cover letters; you can write yours in the 'Additional Information' section of the application form.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.