Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As our first SaaS Sales Development Representative (SDR), you wiIl be responsible for supporting Transfix’s SaaS growth strategy. You will play an essential role in creating market awareness, identifying prospective customers, qualifying leads and generating new business for the company. You are an ambitious, results driven team player.
The role is made for someone comfortable in a start-up environment – ready to roll up their sleeves, jump in the trenches, and do whatever it takes to succeed. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a constantly-changing environment that is still building, and can grow into other roles as we expand. A high-performing candidate has a clear career path with progression into SMB sales as an Account Executive.
This job is currently remote, but will be based out of New York City once the pandemic subsides.
What You'll Do:
- Build prospecting lists with accurate data using internal and external resources, with guidance from Sales and management.
- You will collaborate with sales and marketing to research target organizations, identify decision makers/ influencers, and engage in conversation designed to uncover new sales opportunities.
- Research market segment to identify key accounts by leveraging established guidelines, knowledge of market and/ or competitive landscape.
- Communicate with prospects through personalized outreach across email, phone and social channels.
- Generate pipeline by connecting with prospects as they begin the buying journey.
- Book appointments/ meetings with qualified accounts and prospects for their SMB AE counterparts.
- Leverage sales automation and enablement tools to improve performance and productivity and consistently hit activity targets.
- Assist marketing, onboarding, and sales teams in maintaining CRM data quality.
- Meet or exceed goals and metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
You definitely have...
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Can’t-lose attitude, high-energy, and drive to succeed in a constantly changing environment.
- A team player, but effective as an individual contributor and strongly motivated to exceed individual quota.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with external parties (must feel comfortable pitching on the phone, role-playing with colleagues, and communicating with prospects verbally and in writing).
- Willingness to learn and be coached.
- Confidence/ clarity when communicating with internal stakeholders at all levels.
You May Have:
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in a process-driven sales organization as a Sales Development Representative
- Experience in a technology/ Saas company.
- Passion for transportation, logistics, supply chain or trucking.
- Understanding of Transfix’s competitive landscape – from both traditional sources and new technology companies.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.