Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Fluent is a leading performance marketing company with an expertise in delivering measurable results. We interact with 1MM US consumers daily across our owned and operated websites. Our team uses the insights gathered from these interactions to drive growth for our partners. Through engaging digital experiences, Fluent creates meaningful and lasting connections between brands and consumers.
We are at the forefront of the massive transformation as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. In a time of unprecedented growth, we are looking to hire Sales Development Representatives for our NYC headquarters. We will give you the tools, support and freedom to learn, innovate and grow. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly accelerate great missions, we want to meet you.
Your primary goal as a Sales Development representative is to be the first contact with prospective clients and to set meetings for our Sales team. You will get hands-on experience in a fast paced, ever changing environment. We are looking for someone who understands our value proposition and can go out to market to properly and enthusiastically represent who we are and what we have to offer. By qualifying prospects, you will be the first voice of Fluent.
- Actively prospect utilizing a variety of tools to generate new leads and meetings
- Respond effectively to inbound inquiries and aggressively prospect on an outbound basis.
- Develop new relationships by way of phone, email, and social media in order to establish meetings with senior level decision makers in companies that could benefit from what we have to offer.
- Assess the prospective client’s needs, explain Fluent's solutions, qualify the prospect, and schedule meetings for your Sales colleagues to begin their sales process.
- Help to close the deal by learning as much as you can about a potential client and sharing that information with the Sales team so they can leverage that information at prospective meetings.
- Work in tandem with Sales to research potential targets and identify key players and penetrate those targets by using creative strategies and tactics.
- Apply your organizational skills by using our sales database and marketing tools to manage your pipeline and maintain accurate information about prospects and their companies
- Work closely with Marketing to document and analyze the performance of various marketing channels and programs.
- An SDR should strive to create a minimum of one opportunity per day (20/month)
- An SDR should capture as much relevant information upfront as possible in order to put their Sales colleagues in the best possible position to establish rapport with new prospects (e.g., uncover client challenges and objectives, reasons for coming to Fluent, KPIs, who their ESP or CRM partners are, etc).
- An SDR must be diligent in collecting relevant prospect/client information in order to ensure ongoing optimization of marketing and sales programs (e.g., identify and document lead sources and influence touchpoints, accurately maintain sales funnel reporting in SugarCRM, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in related field
- 1+ years of business related experience, sales, client facing, marketing, consulting
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…