Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will source long-term revenue opportunities and have a direct impact on the growth of Transfix.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Deep dive into the trucking logistics ecosystem and research competitive roadblocks.
- Understand our product offerings and act as a brand ambassador for Transfix.
- Build integral relationships as the first point of contact through heavy outbound prospecting with both calls and emails.
- Find potential clients and maintain a healthy pipeline in Salesforce.
- Hit and exceed monthly goals of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business.
- Develop market penetration strategies with the guidance of our sales team.
- You have 1-2 yrs professional experience -- preferably in some type of lead generation capacity.
- You’re ambitious and take initiative in in prospecting, meeting, managing, and qualifying prospects. You hustle.
- You enjoy developing relationships and interpersonal interactions. You know how to leave a strong first impression.
- You can communicate effectively and concisely (verbal, written, and presentation skills).
- You’re driven by numbers and aren’t afraid of aggressive goals.
- You have an attention to detail and a sense of urgency for deadlines.
- You’re genuinely curious and will do the research to be fully prepared.
- You’re persistent and don’t get easily discouraged.
- You're somewhat familiar with Salesforce CRM.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description