Sales Development Representative, Talent at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR). SDRs are a critical part of our sales team, providing top of funnel sourcing new prospects via outbound prospecting and development of inbound lead requests. These representatives are responsible for driving qualified opportunities from well situated leads and transitioning those opportunities to Sales Executives for further execution and closing. They are also responsible for maintaining relationships and contact with quality leads in order to transition them into qualified opportunities in the longer term. The SDR will work from our New York City headquarters and report to the Sales Development Representative Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect new contacts and accounts within a set region
- Connect with stakeholders at the appropriate buying level within these accounts
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow’s product and business
- Work closely and in alignment with Sales Executives to ensure smooth handoff and a good prospect experience
- Solid understanding and foundation in the software industry and how large software teams/companies work
- Advocate for the Stack Overflow platform and our position within the global developer community
What you’ll need to have:
- Focused, self-motivated, and outgoing with a strong and professional presence to high level executives
- Exceptional communication skills - extremely clear, direct, timely and accurate communicator
- Ability to self manage tasks and achieve target numbers for contacts and opportunities
- Looking to move into enterprise software sales and join a growing team and product offering
- Experience with data analysis and reporting using MS-Excel, Salesforce and BI Tools, preferred
- Ideally have some sales or business development experience
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share and level up
- Prior sales experience is also a plus, but not mandatory
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.