Sales Development Representative
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we’re looking for a consultative and tenacious Sales Development Representative to join our growing sales team in New York.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Flexport;
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Flexport;
- Work with your dedicated Account Executive to identify ongoing strategic targets;
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums;
- Research your target companies and prepare executive summaries to turn your Sales Executive into a rockstar ahead of their calls;
- Diligently update SalesForce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups;
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for next role on the Flexport sales team.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Investment Banking, Financial Services, or Consulting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
- Fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every day and explain Flexports value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Flexibility - things change around here. FAST.
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
Where you'll work:
That New York energy is in full effect. Located in the heart of Chelsea we take advantage of opportunities to celebrate wins through boat cruises, baseball games and trivia nights.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
Join us to solve real-world problems while shaping the future of global trade.