Sales Development Representative
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Resy is growing rapidly and we are looking for enthusiastic Sales Development Representatives to join our team. In this role, you will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes in order to turn prospects into business accounts. We are seeking highly driven, results-oriented individuals who are eager to learn the fundamentals of sales through coaching and training.
This position is the first step in our paved career development and has advancement potential within the Sales organization. You will learn about sales fundamentals and what it means to qualify a lead. Here, you will master the first part of generating a sales pipeline. Once you’ve hit your goals, you will have the opportunity to progress your career as a Sales Executive in a closing role.
Note: While this is a full-time position, your first three months will be considered a trial period. Your first week at Resy will consist of week-long, intensive trainings. During the first month, you will receive clear goals for your first 30, 60, and 90 days. You will have weekly check-ins with the SDR Manager to keep track of your progress and success. At 90 days, you will be reviewed.
Applicants must be based in the New York City area. In your role as a Sales Development Representative, you will be assigned a region outside of the greater New York area. This is an in-office position with no travel, as the prospecting will be done via phone and e-mail.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Research restaurant openings with the intention of adding new leads to pre-existing, regionally based pipeline
- Leverage in-office CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories
- Develop email campaigns to generate new business opportunities
- Create opportunities via cold call and email to be passed to your Sales Account Executives
- Work alongside Management to create new messaging based on updates to the restaurant landscape, both internally and externally
- Maintain an organized pipeline and activity records using Salesforce.com
- Learn the basics of working with sales technologies in order to maintain an organized sales pipeline, track communication in relation to prospects, and actively report on day to day business activities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 0-3 years of sales or related business experience
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed in tech sales
- Strong passion for restaurants and the hospitality industry
- Tenacious attitude and ability to self-motivate and drive toward success
- Interest in working in a fast-paced startup environment
BIG PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Software and/or SaaS knowledge and experience
- Salesforce experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.