Sales Development Representative
Smartling is a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 awarded SaaS company based in Time Square, New York City. Smartling uses cloud based technology and data to improve language translation and localization outcomes.
Smartling’s sales development team is a group of highly motivated sales professionals whose focus is to source and engage with high potential prospects. As the first point of contact with potential customers, you will qualify active buying interest and be a critical part of the bridge between marketing and sales to ensure new customer acquisition is consistent, high quality and frictionless.
What’s in it for you
- Become a rockstar sales representative via regular and structured coaching and training.
- You will learn the techniques and skills necessary to get yourself in any door, with anyone, anywhere!
- Develop your core foundation and launch your career as a SaaS sales professional.
- Work in a fast-paced technology company in midtown Manhattan.
- Sales performance incentives for fun (SPIFFs!).
Tasks at Hand
- Work alongside marketing and sales to source and engage with high potential prospects and companies.
- Develop and execute outreach strategies via email, phone and social channels.
- Generate curiosity with potential customers by clearly articulating Smartling’s value proposition.
- Act as a consultative partner for potential customers; fielding questions and handling objections.
- Once prospects have been qualified and a fit has been identified, execute a hand off to Account Executives.
- Diligently record and manage prospect and company information in Salesforce.com.
- Become a Smartling expert, maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the product, competitive positioning and industry trends.
- Be a Smartling ambassador at industry events and conferences.
- Interest in sales as a career.
- Track record of top performance in a competitive environment.
- A natural passion and curiosity for fast-paced technology.
- Clear communicator with a deep sense of empathy.
- A self-starter who loves problem solving and teamwork.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years customer facing experience.
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing tools e.g. Salesforce.com, Linkedin.
- Prior experience within a fast paced technology company.
- Results-focused. Motivated, hard working and ready to level up to your career goals.
- Curious: You’re a “forever learner” with an insatiable desire to gain new skills and knowledge.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail-oriented. Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A team-player. Who gets excited by a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.