Sales Development Representative
Vimeo is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will prospect and qualify potential customers for the Vimeo Sales Team, building trust and rapport that results in qualified opportunities. The Sales Development Representative is the first point of contact between prospective customers and Vimeo and will be responsible for generating and qualifying new leads. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for determining potential opportunities for new business, and can rapidly qualify, convert, and assign those opportunities. This role will be a part of a new team that is expanding new Enterprise and OTT business for Vimeo.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect for new business, researching companies and individuals that meet criteria for prospective partnership with Vimeo
- Develop ideal customer profiles for outbound prospecting
- Qualify inbound inquiries
- Build new methods for attracting clients
- Take initiative to help the Marketing Team convert their efforts into leads for the Business Development Team
- Meet or exceed monthly goals to maximize deal flow with outbound emails, calls, and meetings
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in demand development, lead generation, or sales, ideally within SaaS businesses
- Outstanding phone, prospecting, sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Knack for building relationships with potential customers, understanding their environment, and introducing new concepts to solve their problems
- Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders, fully understand technology platform capabilities, and sell Vimeo’s ability to solve partner needs
- Ability to multitask and prioritize your workload to maximize efficiency
- Demonstrated interest in the entertainment, online video or technology industries
- Ability to represent the company and our products with a high degree of professionalism
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.