Sales Development Representative
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and a deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role:
If you’re looking to kick off your career in sales, Q’s high-energy, work hard / play hard team is looking for motivated, ambitious and scrappy sales professionals to join the front lines of our team. The Sales Development Representatives are responsible for prospecting, qualifying and driving new business into the top of the sales funnel. This team has a large effect on Q’s bottom line: executing at the top of the funnel is what drives revenue out of the bottom. It’s an opportunity to be creative-- you’ll learn about companies and prospects in areas such as real estate information, contact information, offices moves-- and innovate the existing process. Day-to-day, you’ll collaborate with the entire Growth team- from sales to marketing to expansion- ensuring we are hitting and exhausting the best quality leads. You’ll be responsible for all of Q’s existing markets (NYC, Chicago, LA, and SF) and setting up demos for the team.
- You know that sales is strategic. Every conversation is different, you think dynamically and remain calm under pressure
- You believe the best process is derived through experimentation and iteration, and you are never satisfied. When you believe in the product you are selling, you are excited to share it with the world
- You believe in the mission of Q to make the world work better, and have limitless potential to grow within the organization
- You view challenges as opportunities and look forward to the challenge of bringing Q to new markets and verticals. You’re relentless and you know the only way to handle rejection is to try again
- Process lead lists down the lead funnel ensuring the most qualified leads hit sales
- Responsible for setting meetings as necessary for the sales team
- Own our inbound channels, such as live web chat and incoming calls
- Research prospects on LinkedIn and other relevant internal databases
- Collect disqualified leads sources and aggregate new ones for reporting
- Add prospects to marketing campaigns and contribute to our overall lead creation goals
- Coordinate with local growth managers and city teams to align needs
- Cold calling and cold emailing prospects as necessary
- No sales experience required!
- You’re self-motivated and coachable: you don’t need somebody to tell you to do your job, but you welcome feedback
- Sales isn’t something you’ve fallen into, it’s something you’re passionate about
- You’ll never back down from a challenging conversation and you love to think on your feet
- Comfortable and competent having conversations via phone and email
- Eager to learn from experienced sales professionals and grow a career in tech sales
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with company matching
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG