At Teachable, our mission is to enable the transformative power of knowledge in our world. We build products that transform experience and know-how into thriving businesses. We believe shared knowledge has the power to change lives, and by enabling people to share what they know, we create a better world together.
Our Customer Success and Sales department owns sales, customer support and customer success and works to grow the number of successful creators on Teachable. We are looking for a Sales Development Representative, reporting into our Sales Manager, to join our team to help us find and introduce Teachable to prospective customers.. The Sales Development Representative will join our growing Outbound Sales team to help scale our early prospecting and pitch playbook. They will not only apply our current outbound sales process to new leads, but they will contribute to the refinement of our playbook as a founding team member. This is a critical role at Teachable, as our customer acquisition strategy is changing and will require not only strong sales acumen, but some operational aptitude as we continue to refine our best practices with our changing business.
- Own a dynamic assignment of leads, as well as prospect for new leads, organizing and tracking them in a sales CRM, and pitching them on the Teachable product from initial outreach through demos and handoff to an Account Executive
- Successfully and consistently meet sales targets measured in lead connections, number meetings booked/held and sales qualified leads
- Experiment with new tactics and strategies to improve the team’s process and outcomes, and iterate and adapt as we grow
- Help improve our acquisition strategies by providing observation and feedback to sales ops, product and marketing as we create a unified and collaborative cross departmental team
- Act as a creator advocate and expert, offering deep and first hand understanding of their experience and product needs
- Excellent communication skills, a diligent and hard worker, and sales driven
- Exceptional customer focus
- Collaborative, solutions oriented, and comfortable with operating in an ambiguous environment and high growth business
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that empowers course creators to build and sell courses on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $555 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.