Sales Development Representative at Howl (Remote)
Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trust-based marketing. We built an ad-free alternative to the e-commerce growth marketing playbook by building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the creator economy.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, trust-based marketing is honest and unbiased, balanced with both pros and cons, and comes from diverse voices that speak with integrity and specificity. Creators are at the center of consumer trust today.
Narrativ’s technology gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
- Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
Narrativ is scaling quickly and looking to hire talented and hungry-to-learn Sales Development Representative to help grow key accounts and optimize performance across the Narrativ platform.
As an SDR at Narrativ, you will work closely with the Sales Director to guide and build our inside sales practice. You will also coordinate cross-functionally with marketing and sales to ensure that our messaging, collateral and marketing are attracting top potential clients and support a book of business and serve a critical role in optimizing performance for clients in one or multiple verticals at Narrativ (these verticals include Gaming, Mobile, Clean Beauty, Luxury, and Celebrity-Led Brands).
You’ll be on the forefront of performance marketing as Narrativ is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for marketers that blends the best of brand and performance. We operate at a massive scale - your work will ensure that we successfully drive millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in e-commerce.
You’ll get exposure to conversations and strategy sessions about some of the most exciting, cutting edge topics in marketing - everything from Twitch & Tik Tok to deploying VC funding for customer acquisition - while your individual work will directly impact the optimization of every dollar that our clients spend with us to drive results.
- Work closely with a team of Sales Director(s) to understand client and company goals and in order to support new client acquisition
- Research and identify potential clients for our platform - primarily marketing executives at retail and ecommerce companies
- Participate in company and industry events and partnerships that facilitate development of potential client relationships
- Send outbound emails to drive customer meetings for your Sales Director with C-Level and VP-level executives at leading retail and ecommerce brands
- Learn and aid in critical skills in the sales process like meeting preparation, follow-up and closing
- BDMs can progress to account executive roles or other roles at the company
- Intelligent, curious and driven to succeed in a career in tech startups and sales
- Hard-working and persistent, putting in the time before and after meetings to deliver great results
- Openness to coaching and training
- Exceptionally high level of accountability - you are 100% reliable in follow-through and diligent about providing visibility and updates regarding your work
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate internally and with clients
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!