Sales Director at OpenFin
OpenFin, New York
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced salesperson to join our ever-growing global sales team.
OpenFin’s Operating System modernizes financial desktops, enabling instant distribution, strong security and application interoperability. Our mission is to provide a unifying foundation for the next generation of financial industry applications. Today, OpenFin OS is used to deploy more than 1,000 applications built by more than 20 major banks, nearly 20 asset managers and hedge funds, and 50 leading vendor platforms in the financial space. OpenFin’s investors include Bain Capital Ventures, Barclays, CME Ventures, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Wells Fargo, and Pivot Investment Partners among others. The company has offices in New York and London.
Sales Directors are responsible for expanding OpenFin’s rapidly growing customer base, and cultivating adoption of the OpenFin technology within large banks and financial institutions. Commercial success will be achieved by effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition to both new and existing clients and achieving sales targets. Sales Directors at OpenFin are also expected to represent the company at industry events and assist with lead generation strategies.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of closing significant deals for an enterprise SaaS/software/technology business, within the financial services market and be well versed in sales processes that accelerate successful outcomes. The ideal candidate would also have knowledge of web technology, but this is not a necessity.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Owning and exceeding annual sales targets, initially focussing on Americas based accounts
- Developing and executing strategic sales plans to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships with senior stakeholders within large banks and financial institutions
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the OpenFin value proposition through proposals and presentations
Requirements for the role:
- Previous capital markets experience and deep knowledge of capital markets workflows
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of a target organisation, including executive and C-Suite levels
- Proven ability to drive a sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Genuine enthusiasm and interest in technology
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills