We’re one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
We’re building a world-class sales organization - one that combines highly effective sales processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. Through our technology and efficiency optimizations, our non-commissioned sales representatives are on average 10x more productive than industry standard.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Enablement and Training Manager to help build a world-class Sales Enablement Organization. At Better, the Sales Enablement team identifies areas of opportunity across all sales channels, and collaborates cross functionally to develop innovative approaches to problem solving and lead execution against our recommendations. Our focus is in training, development and knowledge transfer. Our aim is to ensure the sales teams have the information and skills they need to succeed in their roles.
The right person for this role on the Sales Enablement team is an experienced sales trainer and leader who knows what world-class sales and customer experience looks like, and is itching to be a critical driving force behind an amazing team. This role will be responsible for building out our training and resource center teams and must understand the importance of training and knowledge to the sales process.
As a Sales Enablement Manager you will play a pivotal role in building and scaling our Sales Enablement Org. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and execute on large scale sales enablement initiatives for 500+ sales associates
- Build and implement a continuing education sales curriculum to ensure our client facing teams are developing the skills and knowledge needed to be “best in class.”
- Identify, prioritize and solve ongoing training opportunities for a rapidly growing sales org
- Ensure alignment and ongoing collaboration cross-functionally to help our teams develop, drive, and support key initiatives across the company.
- Ensure the Sales team is confident and consistent with the company's go-to-market positioning and content.
- Mentor and lead managers and associates on the sales enablement team
- Work closely with Sales leadership, Sales insights and strategy, Marketing, and Product Marketing teams to enhance our go-to-market effectiveness.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in sales enablement and training
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a strong affinity for strategic problem solving, driving action, and strong project ownership
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills with working experience in project management
- Demonstrated success in building and facilitating training programs
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working at a fast-growing, ever-changing start-up
- Successful production and maintenance of a knowledge base or resource center
- Prior experience with professional learning management systems and Sales Enablement platforms.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.