Sales Engineer - NYC
Greater NYC Area
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Robinhood to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
Sales Engineering is responsible for demonstrating to prospective customers how Plaid’s solutions will address their business needs. In addition to partnering closely with Account Executives, Sales Engineers also interface with Product Management, Engineering, Operations and Marketing. The Sales Engineer is a highly visible technical and product expert in the pre-sales process, and a primary driver for internal advancement of customer requirements.
You’ll work closely with our Sales team as the technical lead during the pre-sales process. You will be responsible for partnering with Account Executives, proactively pushing deals forward by overcoming technical objections and building solutions around Plaid products. You will ensure a successful transition to the post-sale stage of the customer lifecycle and partner with Growth to drive adoption of new products by existing customers. You will be expected to have significant knowledge of the Fintech ecosystem and a deep understanding of how clients can best utilize Plaid.
What you'll do
- Serve as the lead technical product contact for prospects throughout the sales process
- Partner with Account Executives to demonstrate to prospects how Plaid can best address their use cases and technical requirements. Specifically, to design solutions and share best practices throughout the sales process.
- Provide ongoing solutions consulting to existing Plaid customers to enable upsells.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to translate prospect feedback into meaningful product insights
What excites us
- Customer facing experience and a strong sense of customer empathy
- A background that combines business experience and technical acumen
- Strong communications skills with a confident and proactive approach to client management
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts quickly
- Knowledge of web services, APIs, and related standards such as HTTP and REST
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description