At Nylas, our mission is to empower the world to communicate with context and insight. Our hosted sync platform and APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers(including Exchange).
We are changing the way companies and developers innovate with e-mail and messaging. Customers like Pipedrive, Hyundai, and Lever use our cloud messaging APIs to power their products and accelerate their ability to innovate.
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. We have offices in San Francisco and New York, and several of us work remotely. Our HQ is in San Francisco and members have previously worked at Dropbox, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and VMware.
As a Sales Engineer you will play an integral role in helping our customers and prospective customers understand and implement Nylas solutions within their applications. As the first sales engineer at Nylas, you will help us shape our sales engagement, the technical enablement and continuing education of the sales team, and post-sales implementation and success. You will be a regular presence on customer calls and also be occasionally called upon to represent Nylas at meetups, conferences, and other industry events.
As a sales engineer, you will become an expert at Nylas use cases and be able to competently advise customers and prospects in architectural decisions and how to innovate within their product area. Our ideal candidate will be a creative and technical solutions provider, a strong and empathetic communicator, and a skilled relationship builder.
While we strongly prefer that the Sales Engineer be based in our San Francisco or New York office, we are open to remote for the right candidate.
Our ideal client has:
- 3+ years of B2B/Enterprise/Saas experience
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- the demonstrated ability to be the technical representative on in-person and phone sales calls
- experience building and querying APIs and working with SDKs to build software solutions
- familiarity with various email, calendar, and contact providers and protocols (Google, Microsoft Exchange,SMTP/IMAP, CalDAV,etc.)
- working knowledge of Python, MySQL, and logging tools such as Kibana and Honeycomb
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family(including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $100 Monthly ride-share credit
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Gym membership
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation(mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
We have an extremely diverse and inclusive team where all our empowered to do their best work. In addition to the Customer Success values, you can learn more about our company values at https://www.keyvalues.com/nylas
Our benefits and perks are outlined in our open-source handbook.