Sales Engineer at Vestwell
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution and benefits programs. We look out for everyone's best interest, including financial advisors, companies, and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $7 trillion 401k market; creating a platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We've raised capital from industry-leading investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is looking for a Sales Engineer that will be engaged in interactive sales discovery meetings, analysis of potential customers' current technology and architecture, operational and business needs; and working with our Sales, Product, and Engineering teams to determine appropriate Vestwell solutions. The Sales Engineer will lead deep-dive technical discussions with customers to enable relevant stakeholders, from C-level to the technology user, to understand how Vestwell's platform can benefit them. The ideal candidate will be both sales focused and technically savvy. This role will report to our SVP, Operations, and Platform.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
- Meet with prospective customers, understand requirements, field technical questions, and demonstrate capabilities
- Consult with prospecting enterprise and strategic relationships, while being able to articulate the core technology design and workflow for an optimal solution
- Construct and deliver presentations and product demonstrations to customers and at other field events such as conferences, seminars, etc that require more in-depth or credible knowledge than the salesperson is able to provide.
- Engage with the customer to plan, design, and help execute Proof of Concepts (POCs)
- Address critical, analytical, technical, and operational issues.
- Drive user adoption across a variety of use cases.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Act as liaison between the prospect/client, sales, product, engineering and operations to devise the appropriate solution for successful platform delivery.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to provide feedback from clients about product requirements, and ideas to help innovate or stay ahead of the market.
- Project manage specific client and platform deliverables through successful completion.
- Help execute team deliverables among the sales, tech-ops, and product teams.
- BA degree or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years' experience selling enterprise software, preferably SaaS
- Expert Powerpoint and Excel Skills
- Extremely detailed with precise, intentioned delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate excellent soft skills in client and internal conversations
- Strong negotiating skills
- Self-driven, motivated and result-oriented
- Exceptional business acumen and authentic personality
- Self-starter and committed to success
- Tenacity to succeed and help others
- MBA or MS a plus
- CFA or CFP a plus
- FinTech, Wealth Tech, Wealth Management, or Retirement experience a plus
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Please note we don't ask about salary history from any applicant and salary history is not a factor in a hiring decision.