Sales Engineer at Vimeo
We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales Engineering team! As a Sales Engineer at Vimeo, you will partner with our Sales team as a technical resource while engaging with prospective clients within the media and business communications space. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding potential customers’ technical needs and translating how our platform offerings could be a fit. You will be proficient in the technical aspects of Vimeo’s platforms, and will advise on and design solutions for potential customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain expertise in feature functionality and practical application of all Vimeo product offerings
- Help companies across varying industries to understand and evaluate the technical capabilities of our products, leading evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus.
- Understand and interpret prospective customer requirements, delivering customized product demonstrations to match customer needs
- Design, validate, and document technical solutions to share with prospective customers and Vimeo teams.
- Collect and analyze feedback from prospective customers to influence roadmap, collaborating with sales engineering, engineering, and product management teams to meet our prospects’ business challenges and align with Vimeo’s business objectives
- Participate in RFI/RFP process and respond to technical assessments
Skills & Knowledge You Should Possess:
- 2+ years’ professional experience working in a pre-sales, sales engineering, or related consulting role within enterprise software. Experience in the online video or technology industries is a plus.
- Experience fully understanding technology platform capabilities
- Experience representing technical concepts to an audience of varying technical understanding
- Excellent verbal, written communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Comfort with a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- A passion for problem solving and roll up your sleeves demeanor
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.