Handy is a home services marketplace on a mission to disrupt the $400B home services market by seamlessly delivering every service to every home. Handy has fundamentally changed the way the world buys home services by making it as easy to buy a service online as it is to buy a product. We connect customers to vetted, independent local professionals at the tap of a button, while providing upfront pricing, customer choice in scheduling (no more pesky 4 hour windows), cashless payments and a service guarantee.
Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation and assembly services across the US, Canada and the UK. Handy offers its services both direct-to-consumer via our website and mobile apps and through partnerships with some of the largest retailers in the world, including Wayfair, Walmart, Lowes, Costco and more. As of 2019, Handy is an independently operated subsidiary of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world’s largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. This milestone is allowing us to expand to hundreds of more home services to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers and professionals.
We believe that home is the most important place on earth. Which is why we are on a mission to help people love where they live. We’ll do this by becoming the home for everything home.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to lead a team of project advisors servicing homeowners across the country on large scale and high value home improvement projects. The focus of the role will be hiring, onboarding and developing project advisors that handle a full sales cycle business (from qualifying the lead through to closing the sale).
Success in this position will come to those with experience in a similar position, great communication skills, organizational, time and project management skills, ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, networking skills, being detail oriented and enjoy the collaborative nature of building something new.
This role will also give individuals the opportunity to actively help build one of our fastest growing business lines.
***This role can work remotely out of the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington
What you’ll do
- You will develop, motivate, lead, and retain a team of project advisors to achieve both short and long term business goals
- Set and communicate clear expectations, monitor performance, identify/remove roadblocks, and hold team accountable to results.
- Build a strong team culture around accountability and embracing a growth mindset by setting the tone, celebrating successes, and consistently providing feedback.
- Diagnose areas of individual opportunity and conduct written/verbal coaching sessions on a daily/weekly basis
- Manage sales activities on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis through Zendesk & Looker
- Give clear directions and instructions to both team members and stakeholders to enable them to carry out their duties effectively
- Encourage contributions and input from team members and other key stake- holders on the project and acknowledge efforts made by team members and recognize them accordingly
- Give clear and unbiased assessment of the movement and nature of projects in relations to production cost and expenses
- Determine the appropriate time to make advancement on projects and move on to further stages. Also, acknowledge when certain strategies aren’t effective and implement change of plans
- Maintain direct and open interaction with project advisors to make sure all resources needed for the project are available and also consider the negotiation of amendments to project plans to achieve best offers
- Manages daily sales and project issues and escalations.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
What we're looking for
- Comfortability in a fast paced environment with good crisis management skills to handle pressure from project challenges
- Proven sales background, comfortable role-playing sales calls, handling customer objections, and coaching reports through a consultative selling approach
- Experience and/or excitement around motivating a team to achieve the objectives and goals of assigned projects
- Ability to lead a team without bias and a good temperament to deal with team members’ shortcomings
- You have proven levels of dedication and ownership required to succeed in a fast paced environment
- You have tenacity to outperform competitors and develop your team to be the best in market
- You are quick-thinking, work well under pressure and are a natural problem solver
- Exhibit good leadership skills by carrying everyone along without bias
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Someone eager to learn and grow!
- Good foundation in Excel/Google Sheets is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of/with home services/skill trades is a plus but not required
- Experience with ZenDesk is a plus but not required
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, location, and performance
- Annual On-Target Earnings: $100k with uncapped bonus potential
- Full medical, dental, vision packages to fit your needs
- WFH Stipend to get your in-home Handy workspace setup!
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the business’ most unique challenges
- Flexible & remote workplace culture & PTO
Handy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.