Sales Manager - Startup
Greater NYC Area
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe and Coinbase to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
Our Sales team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company can benefit from better financial technology and that many industries that don't currently consider themselves to be fintech actually are.
To that end, hundreds of companies such as Robinhood, Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo and a growing number of Fortune 50 companies choose Plaid to deliver a best-in-class experience to integrate with banks and the financial system so that they can create the next generation of applications. Plaid has built integrations allowing access to all of the financial data you need through a single point of integration.
But we’re far from done. We’re looking for a proven sales leader, who will report to the Head of Sales, who has experience in managing a team of Account Executives who are tasked with generating growth across key client segments for Plaid’s suite of financial tools. You’ll play a key role as you build and lead this highly visible, motivated team that generates revenues and achieves individual, team and organizational quotas.
What excites you
- Recruiting, hiring, and developing a world-class sales team to support the revenue targets for the business
- Building and executing on pipeline with new clients and partners to run the end-to-end sales process
- Working in a high-pace, cross-functional environment that is different every day
- Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to be more ambitious
- Working with other sales leadership and vertical leads to set direction for your team, sales, and Plaid as a whole
What excites us
- 4+ years of experience building and leading high-performing sales teams with a proven track record of success in a similar enterprise environment
- 5+ years of quota carrying technology sales experience as an individual contributor
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- A strong track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex sales agreements
- Interest in financial services products and a desire to create strategic relationships that help our customers succeed
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the C-level executives
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description