Sales Manager at Casper
As the Sales Manager, you’ll help build and mentor the growing Product Consulting (Sales) team at Casper. You will champion the vision for Casper’s sales team and coach a team of 10-15 product consultants, developing the sales strategy and process within the team, driving individual & team performance, skill building, and delivering motivating feedback to achieve sales objectives. You’re a leader who will need strong leadership & management skills to drive transformation in a high-growth environment.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Product Consulting team including, but not limited to, individual & team goal setting, coaching to best practices & sales process skills, pipeline development and continual team coaching & training
- Mentor and coach Product Consultants in all phases of the sales process in order to achieve agreed-upon targets and performance metrics
- Oversee goal setting, compensation and incentive programs that motivate the Product Consulting team to achieve sales targets
- Partner with internal Operations Teams (IT, HR, Customer Experience) to identify and implement process improvement opportunities which drive team and individual efficiency and performance
- Partner with Casper’s Training functions to define and provide consistent training and development of core skills, including consultative selling, product knowledge, and clienteling
- Build a winning culture with enthusiastic, hands-on leadership and transparent performance management and foster a culture of progressive personal development
- Collect and synthesize customer feedback to share with broader organization and to further refine the sales process
- Implement daily insights collection from product consultants and synthesize for insights share out to Commercial teams and Marketing
- Report to the Vice President, Ecommerce
- 5-7 years experience managing sales teams in a high growth sales/account management environment in Ecommerce, ideally in an omni-channel company
- Track record of exceeding sales targets
- Proven leadership skills with ability to drive change and build a high-performance culture
- Excellent coaching skills: able to teach managers to coach sales skills and process, as well as execute a disciplined coaching process
- Excellent interpersonal skills: strong communicator with ability to connect with all levels of staff
- Strong Analytical skills with an ability to dig into the factors affecting sales team performance and identify incremental revenue opportunities
- Entrepreneurial approach to challenges: resourceful, scrappy, not afraid to take calculated risks
- A people person, with a passion for helping others learn, grow, and develop
- Passionate about Casper’s goal of helping people dream their way to better lives
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!