Sales Operations Analyst at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an analytically minded sales enthusiast to work alongside our Sales Operations Team. The Sales Operations Analyst will conduct experiments and synthesize results; develop and leverage technology to identify and track KPIs and generate key reporting packages; and help to implement sales effectiveness strategies. As the company continues to grow, this individual will be key in driving our ability to create win-wins for Better and our borrowers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collect, manage and evaluate sales data and transform it into actionable steps to improve sales activity
- Conduct experiments, forecast sales trends, and assist in the development of sales targets
- Drive analysis that directly influences sales strategy
- Maintain and continually evaluate the effectiveness of systems and processes for the sales team, suggest data-driven improvements when applicable
- 1-3 years experience in a heavily analytical environment - either professionally or in a high calibre academic setting, preferably in sales operations specifically.
- You are a critical thinker, with strong communication skills that allow you to share your ideas effectively.
- You have SQL experience (or the interest and ability to learn it quickly).
- You are naturally curious, with an interest in solving complex problems; the only thing you like more than puzzles is solving them.
- You favor action and possess a strong sense of both practicality and effectiveness.
- You are highly adaptable and able to thrive in ambiguous environments.
- You are humble, highly driven and detail-oriented.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.