Sales Operations Manager (Life Sciences Partnerships)
Flatiron’s mission is to improves lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Flatiron Health's Research organization was started in 2014 with the goal of serving cancer patients by accelerating research. We believe that existing clinical research paradigms are ill-equipped to answer the research questions that face drug developers, academic researchers, and regulators in the oncology space today. By focusing on technology solutions that can be deployed widely across the Flatiron network of providers, Flatiron has the opportunity to generate insights that were previously impossible.
Today, Flatiron Research is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other data set that is available. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, 13 of the top 14 oncology biopharma companies, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely. The Life Sciences Partnerships (LSP) team supports our biopharma partners in advancing their research priorities using RWE and other relevant Flatiron Research offerings.
Sales Operations is responsible for building business processes, metrics and reporting to help Flatiron’s sales and commercial teams run efficiently and effectively. These processes will focus on sales automation, sales forecasting, analytics & metrics tracking, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system adoption, and compliance and contracts responses.
The Sales Operations Manager (LSP) will partner with teams in our Research organization to develop efficient and scalable sales processes, accurate pipeline management and clear commercial best practices. This person needs to understand the needs and priorities of our customer facing teams and how they fit into the organization as a whole. This role reports to the Director of Sales Operations.
- Analyze existing sales-related process flows; identify hurdles and project manage the scoping and implementation of improved processes
- Clearly and effectively communicate with stakeholders in LSP, Finance, Product Operations and Sales Ops on related commercial processes (e.g., monthly pipeline reviews, scoping of CRM functionality, forecast discussions, annual strategic planning) and best practices
- Provide excellent, full-cycle sales support to the customer facing Research team, including guidance on pricing, pipeline management, budget plans and associated analytics
- Directly collaborate with our Finance and Legal teams to build and communicate best practices to the LSP team to ensure successful contract development and execution
- Act as a data guardian to ensure data integrity in the CRM that feeds analytics, forecasts and budgets, and billing and invoicing
- Advise on analytics and systems improvements that help to manage the business
- Design and implement efficient training modules for LSP to ensure sales excellence for Flatiron and outstanding support for our clients
- B.A. or B.S. degree with demonstrated academic achievement
- Data-driven, detail-oriented, proactive, self-motivated,have a positive attitude, and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate conflicting interests, identify the most pragmatic solution (with data), and implement streamlined processes. You are solution-oriented and proactively anticipate and manage roadblocks, identifying and articulating alternative solutions to the problem at hand
- At least 3+ years of experience working with sales, finance and operations teams gained through experience at a top 5 or boutique consulting firm.
- Start-up mindset, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to constantly prioritize and think at the goal level.
- Demonstrated experience with pricing models, contract management and RFP development.
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
- Prior experience in Sales Operations in Enterprise Sales
- MBA with prior experience in commercial / sales effectiveness
- Pharma experience
- Prior operational experience at a startup
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com