Salesforce Administrator at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about building features that you and your peers will love.
We are looking for a Salesforce Admin to provide day-to-day configuration and support of DigitalOcean’s Salesforce.com environment as part of the Business Internal Tooling team. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Salesforce Admin will work with our Sales, Marketing, Support and Security teams to maximize the effectiveness of over 100 employees within Sales and Service Cloud.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Configure and optimize Salesforce using standard declarative capabilities such as workflow and object creation, reporting, user/role/profile administration, marketplace apps and much more
- Partner with stakeholder leaders to create effective Salesforce solutions.
- Establish supportive relationships with frontline Sales and Support team members to improve the overall user experience
- Collaborate with our lead Salesforce Admin to brainstorm solutions and complete assigned tasks
- Work with engineers to improve Salesforce integration with internal systems and data sources.
- Stay up-to-date on new Salesforce features to provide recommendations for process improvements and future integrations
- Participate in a one week on-call rotation approximately every 2 to 3 weeks
- Strong analytical thinking and comfort with complex business workflows and processes spanning multiple systems
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and act upon work from multiple communication channels simultaneously
- Clear, concise, and influential communicator (written and verbal)
- History of working in a fast-paced environment; preferably in customer support, customer success, or sales
- Collaborate with stakeholders and engineers to find solutions to conflicting change requests (e.g. Sales requests a change that causes problems for Support)
- At least 1 year of experience administering Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, and Communities
- Proficiency making declarative changes to Salesforce, including but not limited to:
- Workflow rules
- Fields, page layouts, record types, profiles, and roles
- Identify tools and technologies to be used as well as reusable objects that support scaling and efficiency
- Process builder
- Report building
- Marketplace app administration
- Flow Builder
- Experience training users on how to use Salesforce
- Salesforce Administration Certification or equivalent experience is ideal.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!