Salesforce Developer at Common
Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 35 buildings, 6 cities, and over 1,000 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working everyday to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
- Work closely with Common’s senior operations team to identify the best ways to use Salesforce and the best solutions to complex business problems
- Supervise and support our team of Salesforce users across all markets and help drive training and adoption of new features
- Proactively seek out, identify and implement needed system changes
- Project manage all changes rolled out to Salesforce ensuring that all users understand changes prior to rollout
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns, triggers, validations, process builders and other salesforce.com objects and functions, including creating custom objects when necessary
- Monitor and improve data quality
- Manage third party integrations being used in Salesforce
- Salesforce administration experience with a detailed understanding of how to use Salesforce to solve problems
- Knowledge of Apex and other relevant technical languages
- Previous experience with Pardot and Service Cloud
- Comfortable expressing complex ideas in easy-to-understand ways
- Salesforce Admin Certification (ADM 201), Advanced Admin (ADM 301) or Developer (DEV 401) preferred
- Salesforce.com certifications are preferred (Advanced Administrator, Sales cloud consultant, Service cloud)
- Experience working alongside a team of developers and working in a rapidly changing development environment.
- Prior experience with Zendesk and Netsuite a plus
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.