Senior Account Executive (Finance & Tech)
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. Our inaugural product – The Daily Skimm – is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, with an engaged community of well over 6 million active subscribers and an industry-crushing open rate. Our suite of products has grown with the launch of Skimm Ahead, which debuted as #1 in news and #9 overall in the Apple App Store. It syncs directly with your calendar and informs you of important events you don't want to miss. It also has an audio experience that goes deeper on the topics you’re always reading about. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
theSkimm’s Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, and scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether that’s working with agencies and clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth and efficiency of our pre and post-sales operations. We’re seeking an energetic, proven seller who is ready to jump in, think outside of the box, and get creative with branded partnerships and native ad campaigns. theSkimm is for high performers who thrive off of seeing direct impact to their work, whether that’s through leveraging your deep agency connections or pounding the pavement and introducing theSkimm to a wide suite of brands and advertisers This is not a typical sales role. theSkimm works hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers, and we develop creative and timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our members without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice and brand.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting to our Head of Sales in NYC, you'll inherit a small list of existing relationships, while tasked with growing our partnerships efforts with Fortune 500 advertisers and agencies representing brands, products and services that will be instrumental in our success in the coming years. To succeed at theSkimm, you must be creative and come up with thoughtful pitches and have the enthusiasm and persistence to close them.
- Prospect and sell fee-based brand partnerships and native ad campaigns into top-tier ad agencies and clients direct
- Manage your own RFP process and create marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: native digital content, audio and video ad integrations, social media & event sponsorships
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Work closely with Skimm’rs across the company, including Client Services, Marketing, Analytics, Content & Editorial
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 5-8 years of digital or integrated media sales experience, meeting or exceeding quota as a result the sale of complex deals
- Thorough understanding of an RFP process and digital media operations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Creativity is also a must.
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, and the utility we offer to our audience.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Existing relationships and contacts with marquee media agencies and brands, and calling directly on C-level executives
- Willingness to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and energetic
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.