Senior Account Executive
Bread transforms pricing in e-commerce: The $1,000 couch you’re looking at might become $50/month. Bread partners with merchants to offer end consumers the ability to pay over time with clear, transparent terms and fair rates. Our B2B2C model aligns our goals with our merchants’ goals, and we are a leader in organizational customer centricity and service. Add a powerful, flexible merchant API that can seamlessly integrate financing anywhere in the e-commerce experience, and you’ve got Bread.
The Senior Account Executive position is an essential, strategic component of the Bread Sales team. The AE will be responsible for driving new merchant partnerships from prospecting to close.
Things you’ll do:
- Drive new client acquisition, revenue and market share in a defined territory or vertical
- Review and understand client needs for financing. Craft consultative solutions to meet client goals
- Develop and succeed against a detailed territory plan
- Drive new business via new lead development
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Understand and be able to clearly communicate Bread’s solutions, value proposition and competitive advantages
- Possesses strong technology skills with the ability to give credible technical demonstrations along with product, marketing, and account management colleagues.
- Travel 2 - 4 times/month.
- Close six and seven-figure deals. Work autonomously to close deals.
- Contribute to Bread’s overall go-to-market strategy and direction
- Have or develop keen understanding of e-commerce landscape, tools, technologies and optimization strategies
- Existing executive level relationships within the e-commerce/retail/marketing field a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5+ years of selling experience
- Proven experience selling into clients consultatively, managing 3-6 month, complex sales cycles
- Experience partnering with e-commerce merchants. Strong knowledge and interest in retail, e-commerce, technology and start-ups
- Comfortable working in a small company culture, and comfortable creating processes on the fly
- Excellent communication skills, a thirst for knowledge and highly detail oriented
- Desire to take on greater responsibility and contribute to Bread’s overall goals
- Driven to succeed, exceed goals and be able to work both independently and with the team to build your book of business
What you get:
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options
- Company and team volunteer days
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) and 401k plan
- Snacks, Drinks and more Snacks
- Ongoing professional development
- Company events and awesome culture
Who we are:
Our team is top tier. Our CEO has been involved with many successful fintech startups in New York. Our CTO spent years building high-end financial systems at banks and asset managers and then went to Yale Law School for fun. Our lead engineer was employee #1 at a company that Google bought for $400 million. Most importantly, we are a hard working, ambitious group that is devoted to our mission.
And our VCs are top tier, too: Menlo Ventures, RRE, Greycroft, Maveron, Red Swan, Box Group, and others. And they couldn’t be more excited about the ambition and scope of what we are building.
Have additional questions? We would love to hear from you - [email protected]