Senior Account Executive
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We’re looking for a Senior Enterprise Account Executive to support the growth and success of an exciting new business within Meetup. The Enterprise team connects the thriving communities on Meetup with companies (e.g. brands, service providers, recruiters, etc) who wish to engage with them through a brand new sponsorship offering. Enterprise interviews both organizers and potential sponsors to understand their wants, needs, and interests so we can pair them together in a way that brings new forms of value to all. The particular area of focus for this role will be selling sponsorships to recruiters to help with their talent acquisition efforts.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Account Management, the Enterprise Account Executive is responsible for bringing early adopters onto Meetup’s new sponsorship program in a manner that drives delight for organizers, sponsors, and Meetup as evidenced by repeat sponsorship.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Prospect and close deals with large enterprise clients that are interested in sponsoring Meetup events
- Help identify and execute growth opportunities with existing clients
- Develop methods to identify, qualify, pitch, close and onboard recruiters as sponsors on Meetup’s new sponsorship program
- Determine the characteristics of the ideal sponsors, the most compelling value proposition and messaging to attract them, and most effective ways to match them with prospective organizers
- Work with the Organizer Success team to match the ideal inventory for clients
- Partner with Business Strategy to identify and measure KPIs and maintain a financial model which identifies key growth levers and forecasts performance based on critical assumptions and performance metrics
- Partner with Product to identify and build light internal development solutions to generate leads, convert & onboard sponsors, and drive repeat sponsorship
- Help the team expand from recruiting to additional verticals
What makes you perfect for this role:
- 4+ years of previous sales / business development experience developing partnerships with clients, ideally within technology or talent acquisition sectors
- Managed a book of business in consultative enterprise sales
- Experience developing and scaling a new business, either at a start-up or within a larger company
- Ability to coach organizers and sponsors on Meetup’s new sponsorship program
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency and can work within undefined processes
- Articulate communication with strong attention to detail: from in-person to phone calls, to emails - you get the right point across in all situations
- Ability to try out a number of different tools & processes in the short term that will get ironed out as the team scales
- Staying organized with Salesforce
- Previous experience or understanding of technical recruiting preferred
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create a community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?