What you'll do:
- Prepare account reconciliations, journal entries, and supporting analysis and documentation as part of the monthly and annual close process.
- Oversee both AP and T&E to ensure proper accounting and cash management.
- Apply US GAAP to research and solve complex transactions.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis to drive business decisions.
- Address documentation requests and inquiries during the annual audit.
- Work with Controller to ensure department procedures are scaling appropriately with the business.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Educational background in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Extensive accounting experience, preferably with a mix of public and private experience (bonus points for experience at a high-paced startup)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial statement presentation
- Ability to interpret and apply new FASB rules
- Prior experience with SaaS business model preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A highly collaborative team player and self-starter; willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Why you want this job:
- Impact: Our company is scaling quickly, and you’ll ensure our finance operations scale with us.
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. We trust you to do what you need to do.