Senior Associate, Consumer Insights at Harry's Inc.
About the Team
At Harry’s, the consumer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs and motivations of guys is key to driving our business strategy and our Consumer Insights team is at the center of making that happen. Our insights team continuously taps our customers and consumers to understand what we’re doing well, where we can make improvements, and what they want to see from Harry’s in the future.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative and curious insights specialist who can execute research projects and translate learnings into business implications that drive growth and keep us on the leading edge of men’s grooming. As the Senior Associate, Insights you’ll represent the voice of our consumers and customers to inform business decisions and guide marketing and innovation initiatives. You will be responsible for managing projects that bring us ever closer to category consumers and provide insights that answer critical business questions and strengthen our competitive advantage in the market.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Harry’s customer (attitudes, behaviors, values) and emerging trends likely to shift current grooming habits
- Work in partnership with brand, direct-to-consumer and insights team members to execute research that helps build customer loyalty throughout their journey
- Leads projects as part of our ongoing insights roadmap and deliver actionable learning with positive business impact. Execute all aspects of primary research projects in a timely fashion including scoping, design, fielding, analysis, and reporting
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams by distilling results to essential learning and recommendations that enable rapid decision-making
- Gain mastery of a range of insights approaches
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault – Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, and 3rd order questions
- Crafty and creative – You look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are comfortable executing research projects both on your own and working with external partners
- Skilled data storyteller – You can weave together disparate sources of information into a holistic story with recommendations based on market trends and consumer learning
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative and qualitative research tools to address a range of business questions related to brand equity, advertising, innovation, and customer experience
- You are excited to build your insights toolkit and help continuously evolve how we get to robust consumer understanding that unlocks business growth
- You are highly collaborative and able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- 2-3 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Sr. Director, Customer Insights
- Provide direct support to the Marketing and Direct-to-Consumer teams
- Work closely with other members of the Insights team
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.