Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We’re seeking a collaborative, execution-oriented Senior Associate to join our Real Estate & Development team to help drive the development, launch and facilities management of physical spaces that support our members and clinical teams.
The Senior Associate will work closely with the Director, Real Estate & Development to execute design principles of physical spaces and manage the end-to-end process of launching new markets and spaces.
The ideal candidate has at least 5 years’ experience in construction project management.
If you like solving hard problems, excel at project management in a high growth environment, are an amazing teammate, and are motivated to significantly drive change in the healthcare industry, then we want to hear from you!
- Serve as project manager in launching new Cityblock spaces (e.g., clinics or hubs) in multiple markets
- Work cross-functionally with clinical and operations teams to resolve risks and issues related to management of ongoing clinical and corporate spaces
- Collaborate closely with Finance to manage total capital spend around expansion projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage design development with the realities of operational requirements, scheduling deadlines and budget restrictions
- Strong management skills with demonstrated team building, inclusive working style
- Thorough understanding of the construction process, including legal issues and contractual methods
- Ability to act as Company's representative to city inspectors and officials
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver unique projects on time and within budget. Extreme attention to detail while keeping overall goals in mind
- Oversee all planning and construction with oversight of Director, Real Estate including due diligence, architectural and engineering planning, permitting and construction; Interface with landlords, property managers, and implementation / operations team
- Develop, monitor and communicate project budgets and schedules; ensure construction and contracted work is completed on time and within budget; manages vendor/contractor relationships to ensure quality of deliverables
- Manage the project bidding process, qualify and quantify all contractors/vendors; approval oversight by Director, Real Estate
- Preparation and management of the project schedule
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the project design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with real estate, design, and internal stakeholders as well as effectively manage and direct the GC and trades.
- Interface with the architect, and expedite all drawings, floor plans, and submittals for approvals
- Lead weekly meetings with internal and external stakeholders for relevant project updates
- Proficient in all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life, safety, and plumbing
- Regularly communicate with FC Operations Teams to understand projects being considered
- Provide assistance to FC Operations Teams in the event of building system failures requiring immediate/emergency attentions at all times.
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years of experience in construction project management, real estate development, engineering or architectural design, or a related field
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment with national expansion
- Experience in facilities oversight and related vendor management
- Proven to be an effective relationship manager for the wide array of partners essential in real estate development, including architects, designers, contractors, and furniture vendors
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in health care construction
- Experience in lease administration
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.