Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for our Founding Business Development Manager. This is not your typical BDR management role. You will not be managing a team that just smiles and dials, makes 100 calls a day, sends content that was built for them, and promises that you will be promoted in 6 months. This role is meant for a creative and passionate individual that is eager to develop their skill sets to be successful long term in their career, and believes in honesty and transparency. You will learn how to be an effective leader and help scale a large team. The ideal candidate enjoys testing and learning, they are thoughtful and do not take a spray and pray approach. They will be a major change agent at Spring Health, having impact and influence with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility. This person must build and maintain an excellent working relationship with cross-functional teams.
As a Sr. Manager, Business Development (team lead), you'll be responsible for helping manage and motivating a team of highly driven and enthusiastic Business Development Managers and BDRs. You will be required to build a winning strategy, set goals, and measure performance against weekly, monthly and quarterly objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for helping mentor and coach highly driven and enthusiastic Business Development Managers
- Recruit, Hire, and develop BDR’s so that they are successful at Spring Health and long term in their careers
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency and productivity
- Partner with senior sales management, marketing and other business partners to develop a successful GTM strategy
- Refine and evolve a scalable, measurable, and predictable process for running and growing the team
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting on volume statistics, lead pipeline, conversation of sales accepted opportunities and playbook effectiveness
What we expect from you:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of proven working experience as a Business Development Manager (experience as a sales executive a major plus)
- A consistent track record of 100%+ quota achievement
- Be experienced selling into the Fortune 500 and commercial deals
- Have a deep understanding of how to leverage and implement a multi pronged approach (calls, emails, Linkedin, Direct Mail, and more)
- Be a proficient cold caller and ability on how to train BDRs to be effective callers
- Be a strong copywriter that evokes the right emotion from our target audience
- High levels of self motivation, ownership, and adaptability, with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Have a passion for mental healthcare and wellbeing
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description