Senior Business Development Representative at Paxos
At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
Paxos is looking for a high-performing Senior Business Development Representative to join our team and help accelerate the exciting growth of the Paxos Platform. We are looking for a proven revenue contributor who has demonstrated success operating in a high-growth startup environment and selling enterprise SaaS in financial services or a similarly complex industry. Ideal candidates will have experience with advanced outbound prospecting and inbound prospecting methods as well as possess first-class communication and relationship-building abilities.
You will play a vital role in growing Paxos’s revenue and expanding our customer base from the ground up. Key to this role is an ability to understand Paxos technology, expertly communicate its benefits, and win the trust of our potential clients by consultatively selling the value and possibilities of blockchain technology and the Paxos Platform.
You’ll be reporting to the VP of Business Development and collaborating closely with other key players on the team including Product, Customer Success, and Marketing
What you’ll do:
- Identify high potential target companies who can benefit from Paxos’ enterprise solutions.
- Outbound prospect to these target accounts and also qualify inbound leads via phone & website to generate new meetings and a robust pipeline of Paxos’ emerging platform opportunities.
- Partner closely with the BD team and the Marketing team to ideate and execute coordinated prospecting strategies.
- Deliver qualified leads based on assignment rules.
- Capture accurate & complete information in Salesforce.com.
- Develop, test, and iterate messaging across multiple industries and personas.
- Codify and contribute learnings and best practices to the Outbound process and team members.
- Leverage sales automation technologies to scale your prospect activity while still being thoughtful in your approach. Results are more important than the volume of activity.
What you need to have:
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal, and listening skills
- 6-10 years of sales experience; Inbound or Outbound SDR/BDR experience at a technology company is a big plus.
- Team leadership/management experience is a plus
- Experience working with a complex and technical product or possess the aptitude to quickly learn this.
- A self-starter who thrives in an ambiguous environment and is able to create processes from the ground up.
- Ability to present and discuss information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances a prospect’s understanding within the enterprise buying process
- Ability to work independently and collaborate closely with internal constituencies
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London, and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquarie, StoneX, and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why choose Paxos? Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. Our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like healthcare coverage, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for employee development and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and find a home at Paxos. Help us build a new, open financial system from our three offices or right from your home!
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev
- Interactive Brokers Group Introduces Cryptocurrency Trading Through Paxos