Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
The Sales Ops team is looking for a Senior Deal Desk Analyst to bridge the gap between finance and sales. You will be the first dedicated Manager of the growing Deal Desk team at OwnBackup, initially managing one person, and will be responsible for growing and scaling the team into the future. Deal Desk is a highly competent and fast paced organization that influences all deal structuring and bookings related activities; pricing, quote creation, approvals for non-standard terms, signature process and order management. The Senior Deal Desk Manager role is an integral part of the Sales organization, and serves as a critical piece in resource alignment and deal compliance. Lastly, it’s imperative for this individual to closely partner and align with the field in order to keep up the demands of a fast growing and globally expanding company.
What you'll do
- Manage the daily quota and pricing approval processes, ensuring compliance with published sales and business approval policies and assist Sales with drafting and delivering order forms.
- Read and interpret commercial agreement language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies.
- Maintain an agreed upon Service level agreement (SLA) on deal turnaround times.
- Review proposals/quotes and provide Sales with deal structure and pricing guidance to increase profitability, meet strategic corporate goals, and accelerate deal closure.
- Ensure that sales proposals follow established corporate strategies and business terms and legal, billing and present a solid understanding of product offerings.
- Provide technical advice to resolve complex contract system questions and assist team with issues.
- Present and enable the sales field on any major changes to the current processes.
What you'll need
- 2+ years minimum working in either contract, orders administration, deal desk, sales or sales operations
- 2+ years of experience working with or supporting sales representatives, finance, legal and operations teams
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience with billing/revenue cycle management technology, process improvement or workflow implementations a plus
- Strong ability to use data to understand workflows and assess operational effectiveness
- Experience using Salesforce
- SaaS experience a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.