Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
The Sales Ops team is looking for a Senior Deal Desk Manager to bridge the gap between finance and sales. You will be the first dedicated Manager of the growing Deal Desk team at OwnBackup, initially managing one person, and will be responsible for growing and scaling the team into the future. Deal Desk is a highly competent and fast paced organization that influences all deal structuring and bookings related activities; pricing, quote creation, approvals for non-standard terms, signature process and order management. The Senior Deal Desk Manager role is an integral part of the Sales organization, and serves as a critical piece in resource alignment and deal compliance. Lastly, it’s imperative for this individual to closely partner and align with the field in order to keep up the demands of a fast growing and globally expanding company.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Be the subject matter expert and point person on deal structuring, quoting and approvals process efficiency and internal quote-to-cash business policies
- Independently conceptualize, scope and execute deal enablement initiatives to further our GTM and deal execution velocity
- Build analytics, KPIs and business processes relevant to the quoting pricing (pricing/discounts, approvals, deal structures, etc.), and use performance insights to drive improvements and share key learnings with sales leadership
- Own and manage resolution on complex non-standard review and approvals through partnership with Sales, Revenue Accounting, Legal, Product, Professional Services, etc.
- Ensure all non-standard pricing and contractual terms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented to comply with revenue recognition and business policies
- Partner with regional leadership to prioritize and organize projects and deals for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Collaborate with the Sales Enablement team to create training content for your region to ensure Sales is informed on new products, best practices and regular updates to policies, etc.
- Automate and streamline our global deal processes via ad hoc operations and systems focused projects
- 3+ years minimum working in either contract, orders administration, deal desk, sales or sales operations
- 4+ years of experience working with or supporting sales representatives, finance, legal and operations teams
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience with billing/revenue cycle management technology, process improvement or workflow implementations a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to foster & maintain strong partnering relationships with sales and functional peers
- Analytical mindset and recognized competency for in depth analysis and modeling
- Solid understanding of the Quote to Order stages within the Lead to Cash lifecycle
- Strong ability to use data to understand workflows and assess operational effectiveness
- SaaS experience a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.