Senior Deal Desk Manager at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to launch and manage a Deal Desk. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge of a high growth environment and is steadfast in their pursuit of excellence. The Senior Deal Desk Manager will sit at the intersection of Sales, Legal, Finance, Customer Success and Accounting, acting as a strategic advisor, managing deal flow and driving sustainable growth while minimizing sales cycle times. Fantastic collaboration skills are a must!
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of a deal desk supporting sales in deal structuring, deal approval and deal management while focusing on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and market share based on business priorities
- Provide guidance to sales on pricing, revenue and contracts in the deal making process
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoint and enforcement of standard business practices and policies
- Review and approve complex quotes and sales orders
- Work closely with the Finance Team on billing and payment issue resolution
- Improve sales velocity by ensuring good collaboration with Rev Ops, Customer Success, Legal, and Product teams
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related competency
- 10+ years of software industry experience, (Deal Desk, Finance, Sales Operations experience preferred)
- Clear business focus and proven track record in commercial negotiations
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; diligent with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
- Solid understanding of software revenue recognition principles
- Experience in contract management
- Excellent interpersonal skills – verbal and written
- Exceptional analytical skills along with the ability to demonstrate practical judgment in sophisticated situations
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly articulate on technical and operational issues
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won't require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.