Senior Director, Business Development at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As our GM, Independent Partners, East, you will be accountable for leading the business development efforts with existing and prospective independent agencies and brands (including the fast-growing direct-to-consumer brand sector). This is a very large and rapidly growing book of business for The Trade Desk, and perhaps our most dynamic client category. This hands-on role is responsible for identifying and securing new revenue opportunities, while working with key internal stakeholders to deliver and support long-term regional success. You will lead an existing team of sales stars, but also grow it substantially over time.
You are a master relationship builder, sales leader, and creative problem solver. You exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism at all times and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. You are versed in the agency landscape in your territory, with key relationships already established.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop a vision and strategy for TTD’s business with independent agencies and brands
- Manage an existing team of sales stars
- Attract, develop and retain superstar talent to grow your portfolio
- Manage pipeline and forecast revenue successfully
- Directly contribute to product development process by providing market & account insights in product reviews
- Use knowledge of the market and competitor to develop TTD’s unique selling propositions and differentiators for this client segment
- Work effectively with Client Service counterparts to deliver financial results, and an amazing experience for our clients
- Make a positive contribution to the Trade Desk company culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience managing senior sellers and a scaled sales teams, with a special knack for developing great talent
- Outstanding sales hunting ability, with a track record of opening new accounts
- Experience in media sales in the New York area, and a great reputation amongst clients
- Experience building longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, & collaborate across multiple departments
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.